Symfony Consultant

About us

Fervo, the small Swedish consultancy specialized on Symfony, is expanding. We're looking for Symfony developers to join us and help us grow. You will join a team of two certified Symfony specialists and one part-time UX architect. We are located in Stockholm at Sveavägen 98, just next to the Rådmansgatan subway stop.

We have a fine roster of clients, including, Redeye and KeyPlan Solutions.

About you

Our product is using our skills in Symfony to help our clients, so our only absolute requirements are that you must be a skilled Symfony developer (having the code to show for it), and you must work well with clients.

In order to thrive at Fervo, you will need to like working as a consultant, getting in to new projects and meeting new people, helping them with their problems, and then getting in to new projects.

We do of course also have some nice-to-haves, and the more you fit, the better:

  • An interest and a passion for writing clean code
  • Involvement in Symfony community
  • Experience with testing, TDD and BDD
  • Experience with application architecture, DDD, CQRS
  • Experience with Linux on servers, and Mac or Linux for development
  • Practical experience with a wide variety of data persistance tools, like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Neo4j, ElasticSearch, et c.
  • Experience using a frontend tools like Gulp, CoffeeScript, KnockoutJS, AngularJS et c.
  • Previous experience working with clients
  • A wide professional network

About the job

You will work as a Symfony Consultant. The work may be on location with the client (in Stockholm, usually) or at our office. We also have a relaxed attitude about working from a home office, as long as you can meet client obligations. We don't take full-time assignments, and we aim for a booking ratio of 80%. The remaining 20% is for in-house projects, open source projects, for fun, experimentation and to help hone your craft.

We offer a competitive salery and benefits. Fervo is active in the Symfony community, both locally and worldwide, and as such, you will of course be allowed to attend conferences, meetups and other community events.

The job is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and if you don't already live here, you should be willing to relocate. Already being allowed to work in Sweden is preferred, but for the right candidate we're willing to attempt to get you a work permit from the Swedish migration board.


Send an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll take it from there.